"Everything in life is vibration"
Wellbeing, and specifically, mental health and wellbeing is an important focus for Comhcheol. Her yoga style is fun, gentle and accessible, with a focus on interoception, or the enhancement of self awareness for physical and mental wellbeing. Maria has been teaching yoga in Donegal since 2016, through evening classes, in schools, libraries and with special groups (eg. Teen mental health, Carers, Fibromyalgia, Active Age, Children with ASD, People with disabilities etc.) She is a registered Prenatal /Birth /Postnatal Yoga Teacher and is the Donegal Positive Birth Movement facilitator. She runs the Donegal Yoga Group on Facebook.
Through Donegal Yoga Retreats, Comhcheol offers intimate yoga residential offerings along Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way, with boutique customisation to include pregnancy yoga, creativity, adventure, and holistic therapies. Self Care Sunday is our signature yoga workshop. Beoga is a teen wellbeing programme that blends yoga and psychology, co-facilitated and co-developed by Maria (with Linda Ní Ghallachóir).
Healing Solfeggio frequencies have long featured in her work, and recently she has trained to further her Sound Healing skills, getting a Certificate in the use of Tibetan Singing Bowls. A Diploma she is now undertaking means that group Healing Sound Baths will begin in 2021. She has recently been awarded a distinction in a QQI Level 6 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness and has worked as a Donegal Mind Wellness Stress Control faciliator since 2018.
In the absence of being able to do live yoga events, the Self Care Yoga Group has been born.
Starting April 4th join Maria for a month of gentle yoga in a private online community with practices posted twice weekly and a choice of guided relaxations. (Once posted, access will last until May 16th.)
Self Care Sunday
Comhcheol has been running Self Care Sundays, our signature yoga workshops, since 2017. (You could say we are the original and the best!)
These nourishing workshops, run over 3-3.5hrs help you unwind, coax you towards mind-body equilibrium, and end with a healthy lunch/afternoon tea. Devote time to yourself to “fill up your cup”. Expect a mix of gentle yoga styles (Hatha, Yin, Viniyoga, Restorative), breath exercises and guided bliss relaxations using healing sounds and Tibetan Singing Bowls. Suitable for beginners, improvers and those with an established practice. All equipment provided.
These fabulous workshops are ongoing throughout beautiful West Donegal and we are now offering an online version so you can create that Sunday feeling any day of the week in the comfort of your own home.
Yoga in the Coolest Place on the Planet
We bring you unique, yoga retreat experiences on Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way, blending yoga and healing sounds with the best Donegal has to offer in adventure, accommodation, holistic treatments and food. Occassionally, we also go ‘on tour’!
Our Retreat Partners
- Unique Ascent – Iain Miller (Mountain Instructor, Rock climber, Guidebook author, Hill walker)
- Caisleáin Óir Hotel, Annagry, Co. Donegal
- Errigal Hostel, Dunlewey, Co. Donegal
- Carnaween House, Narin Beach, Portnoo, Co. Donegal
- Tory Bush Cottages, Kilcoo, Newry, Co. Down
Upcoming partners in 2021
- Loch Melia Lodge, Burtonport
- Secret Yoga Crannóg, Ardara
- Sound Healing
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Crystal Healing
Yoga in the coolest place on the planet
Beoga (Youth Wellness Programme)
Beoga is an innovative teen wellness programme that blends yoga practices with games and psychology workshopping techniques to teach emotional resilience skills to teenagers. Issues such as self-esteem, stress management, anxiety, relationships and communication are addressed in a relaxed and fun learning atmosphere.
Beoga is developed by Maria Coleman (Comhcheol Arts and Wellness) and Linda Uí Ghallchóir, who are also co-founders of LÁMHA: Life Affirming Mental Health Action.
Contact us if your school or youth group are interested in participating in our 8-week programme. Taster sessions can also be delivered on request.
To date, we have worked in Pobalscoil Ghaoth Dobhair, Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmada, Pobalscoil Chloch Ceann Fola, Health Ireland in your Library (Stronorlar), and a stage show of the programme features in the First Fortnight Festival in 2020.
Since learning about Solfeggio Frequencies during her Masters in Music and Media Technology, Maria has been using these healing tones in her art work and also in the guided bliss relaxations that close (and sometimes open) Comhcheol yoga workshops. In 2020 she completed a Certificate in Sound Healing with Tibetan Singing Bowls. This allows her to incorporate the work into her yoga workshops and word with friends and family. She is currently studying towards her Diploma in Integral Sound Healing with Groups, and is looking forward to holding Healing Sound Baths in 2021.
Tá ár n-imeachtaí ealaíne agus ceardlanna folláine ar fáil trí mheán na Gaeilge. Mar shampla:
- Tá cúrsa ar-line ar fáil fríd an tsuíomh seo, Aireachas ’s Ealaín, le giota suaimhneas intinne, íoga agus treoracha ar conas a dhéanann tú Mandalas. Bí i dteagmháil, má tá suim agat ann.
- Físbhlag ar son Lá Idirnáisiúnta na mBan
- Mo Bhagáiste – Dráma bunaithe ar shaol agus ar shaothar Sheosaimh Mhic Grianna, Scríbhneoir & Aisteoir: Pól ó Gallachóir, Stiúrthóir & Dearthóir: Maria Coleman, Comhcheol Arts and Wellness, Léirthóir: Liam Carson, IMRAM (déan teagmháil chun an físeán a fheiceáil.)
- Beoga (clár íoga agus sláinte meabhrach do dhaoine óga).
- Gaeilge agus ‘Boomwhackers’ do dhaltaí scoile. (Rinneadh ceardlanna le linn Seachtain na Gaeillge 2020.)
- Rinneadh clár teilifíse do pháistí, “Mo Shaol Do Shaol’ le TG4 i 2019.
- Cámpaí samhraidh (Gaeilge, ceol, íoga, dearadh digiteach). Rinneamar campaí i 2018 agus 2019 sa ‘Wellbeing Hub’ agus le CDP na Rosann.
- D’obair muid le Rannóg na Gaeilge (Co. Co. Dhun na nGall) ar thumchonaí a rinne siad i 2019.
- D’obair muid le Ógras, ar thumchonaí a rinne siad i 2019.
- Bileog Eolais ar fáil ANSEO.